"that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him, the eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that you may know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints, and what is the exceeding greatness of His power toward us who believe, according to the working of His mighty power" - (Ephesians 1:17-19).
God passionately desires that we partner with Him in prayer and intercession
- prayer draws us nearer into intimacy with God, and at the same time, it humbles and transforms us. When we bring the needs of others to God in prayer, we interact in partnership with His heart.
It is when I put others before my own needs, crying out for the lost and unsaved ones. So at the end of the day, I am not focusing on my own problems anymore but because I trust God to take care of me as I cry out, interceding for the one that He loves just like the Levi.
We are in governmental partnership with Him
- The governmental centre of the universe is in the prayer ministry. We partner with Him or we will not see these blessings. Intercession is God's brilliant strategy for including the saints in ruling with Him in power. God seeks for those who will stand in the gap in intercession.
Thank you, God, for willing to include us in your ministry. Whenever we pray and intercede, we see you working it not only bring joy but at the same time, our Faith has been lifted up. You are the God who hears and answers prayer.
He opens doors of blessing when we intercede
- we have a dynamic role in determining the measure of the quality of our life. It's marvellous! Charles Finney was a lawyer from New York in the 1800's whom the Lord used greatly to bring about revival. These amazing results were because of two strong intercessors who prayed earnestly for every meeting.
- We gotta keep on interceding for our generation, that this generation will be a God-filled generation where their morals are not based on the world's but of God. Every depression, suicidal, bullies, anxiety, addictions etc... will not bind every young people's heart and lives In Jesus Name.
He changes us on the inside as His Word abides in us.
- The mystery of intercession is in its "weakness", simplicity, humility, and accessibility to all. We are filled with God's heart as we pray, and our effectiveness in intercession increases. God's mind then dominates and saturates ours, renewing us as we pursue Him in prayer.
- When our focus is not on ourselves but the heart of God. What is His heart going after, crying out the people who are still lost. Father would you break my heart for what breaks yours and give me a heart of compassion for the people you love and for the unlovable ones. Change my lenses to yours, empower me so that I can love like how you have loved me.
He initiates prayer by declaring His will in His word
- We respond by praying His Word. Then He answers us by releasing His blessing because of our prayers. Prayers and intercession cause us to internalise God's word because when we speak His ideas back to Him. His Word builds us up in our heart and delivers us. We then decree God's decrees with power from on high.
Therefore, get rid of all moral filth and the evil that is so prevalent and humbly accept the word planted in you, which can save you.
This feels weird but it's amazing how God uses His Word to guide us to pray and at the same time builds us up.
Jesus releases God's justice in response to intercession
- Justice is God making wrong things right. He requires night and day prayer as the condition to release justice. Wrong things are made right, the sick are healed, those bound in sin are freed, and revival is released in geographical areas.
“Shall God not avenge (bring about justice for) His elect who cry out day and night to Him? I tell you that He will avenge (bring about justice) them speedily - (Luke 18:7-8).