Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Psalm 119:9-11

Image result for psalm 119:9


How can a young man keep his way pure? By keeping watch [on himself] according to Your word [conforming his life to Your precepts].
10 
With all my heart I have sought You, [inquiring of You and longing for You]; Do not let me wander from Your commandments [neither through ignorance nor by willful disobedience].

11 
Your word I have treasured and stored in my heart, That I may not sin against You.

Psalm 119:9-11 

S
o many distractions in this world and in this culture threaten to pull us away from God. We are constantly bombarded by viewpoints, images, and ideals that contradict those in the Bible. It is easy to find our hearts straying from God and towards those things that satisfy our flesh, our appetite, and our desires. Believers must remain diligent and steadfast in seeking God and keeping His desires for us forefront in our minds. 

In what areas of your life are you prone to wander and stray from God’s Word? What value have you placed on the memorization of God’s Word? Will you begin to memorize Scripture to assist, guide, and redirect yourself if you happen to stray?

Father, cleanse my heart of the things that do not reflect You. Create in me a willingness to learn and memorize Your Word so that I may do your will and not sin against You. I want to seek You with all my heart and but when my heart strays, take hold of me quickly and guide me back to You. Remind me daily that Your Word is my lifeline and my connection to You. In Jesus' name. Amen. 

No comments: