Monday, April 10, 2017

Lord, I don't know what to do

God has a blueprint plan of my life, written in the palm of His hand. "See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands; your walls are ever before me." (Isaiah 49:16)

If I don't know God's direction in my life, I simply ought to try asking Him for guidance. Surrendering completely to Him, and listening attentively to His will.

Charge down that path with all you're got. Pursue His will with a passion.

"Show me the right path, O LORD; point out the road for me to follow. Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you" (Psalm 25:4-5)

Promises I can claim for my own life: 

"The LORD is good and does what is right; he shows the proper path to those who go astray. He leads the humble in doing right, teaching them his way. The LORD leads with unfailing love and faithfulness all who keep his covenant and obey his demands" (Psalm 25:8-10 NLT) 

The LORD says, "I will guide you along the best pathway for your life. I will advise you and watch over you." (Psalm 32:8 NLT)

Let the favor of the Lord our God be upon us, and establish the work of our hands upon us' yes, establish the work of our hands!" (Psalm 90:17 ESV)


When my heart is humble and truly seeking God's will, I can be confident of this: 
1. God will always show me what is right for me. 
2. When I get sidetracked, God will direct me back to the right path. 
3. I am not alone. God leads and teaches me along the way. 
4. God leads those who obey Him with unfailing love and faithfulness. 

Ensure my heart is in the right place of humility, and then ask God to help me. Once I've asked, trust that God is directing me. 


adopted from:
http://proverbs31.org/devotions/devo/lord-i-dont-know-what-to-do/
http://www.crosswalk.com/family/career/finding-gods-direction-in-your-life-11627269.html

No comments: